Female Cricket Develeopment Officer (Full Time - Fixed Term Dunedin)
Otago Cricket is one of New Zealand’s six Major Associations with responsibility for the delivery of cricket opportunities and experiences to over 7,500 players across the greater Otago and Southland region. NZ Cricket and Otago Cricket are committed to working together to provide opportunities for women and girls to play cricket throughout New Zealand.
FCDO’s will be the shop window for girl’s cricket, with the overall objective of recruiting and retaining female players, with both local and national support.
This role will initially be based in Dunedin. The role is suited to passionate people who have the energy to engage enthusiastically with young women. They are ambassadors for the game of cricket and, as such, must deliver sessions that are fun, fast and engaging.
The FCDOs will be responsible for delivering the following 3-step process, designed to recruit and retain young female players, focusing primarily on the 10-14 year age group.
- Organise and deliver schools a ‘Girls Smash’ promotional package to schools and other community organisations (such as churches, and migrant groups) with the purpose of encouraging girls to attend ‘Girls Smash’.
- Organise and conduct ‘Girls Smash’ which is essentially a weekly, free, fun, non-traditional Community Hub for girl’s social cricket
- Understanding the individual ability and the ambition of the girls who participate in ‘Girls Smash’ and using local knowledge to direct them to the appropriate next step
This is an excellent opportunity for you to apply your experience and skills in a fun and vibrant environment. You will report directly to the Manager Community Cricket and to the NZC National Female Participation Manager.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- · Energetic, fun and engaging
- · Organised
- · Have a sporting background, but not necessarily cricket
- · Ability to sell and motivate
- · Ability to recruit support
This is a unique yet exciting role where you will work for a progressive and flexible organisation dedicated to assisting your personal growth.
To apply please email your CV and Covering
Manager Community Cricket
by 4pm Wednesday 31 October 2018.
To discuss this opportunity in further detail please contact
Will Deerness (0272) 488 964 or email@example.com