Coach Education and Development
From 2018 onwards, all cricket coaches nationwide are required to hold a coaching certificate relevant to the level they are coaching. Additionally, coaches must complete a registration for the New Zealand Coach Database, education modules on child protection, and a NZ Police Vetting Check. To register and gain access to online learning modules, click here. For an overview of the NZC Coaching Framework, click here.
This policy aims to ensure that both coaches and players are able to perform at their best by creating safe, inclusive and fun learning environments. By ensuring that all Otago Cricket players have positive experiences, we are helping them on the path to becoming lifelong fans of our sport.
There are currently a number of courses on offer for coaches throughout Otago and these will be listed here as places become available, or alternatively contact Will Deerness at email@example.com. Please note, only currently registered coaches are able to participate, you may need to renew your registration - Register or Renew Here.
Otago Cricket Development Course
Otago Cricket's Development Course is for any coaches wishing to take a representative team, secondary school team or wanting to improve their coaching knowledge.
- Sunday 20th October from 9am-4pm at the Edgar Centre.
The cost of this course is $50 and there are some online components which need to be completed before Sunday 20th October. If you are interested in attending this or would like some more information then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otago Cricket Skill-Specific Coaching Workshops
Otago Cricket is also offering skill-specific workshops with our Performance and Talent coaches and players. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
- Fielding and Team Dynamics Clinic - Monday 2nd December from 6pm at the Otago Cricket Longroom. Taken by Otago Volts Assistant Coach, Anton Roux.
- Wicket Keeping Clinic - Monday 4th November from 6pm at the Otago Cricket Longroom. Taken by Pathways and Development Manager, Adam Miles.
- Spin Bowling Clinic - Monday 10th February (timing and location TBC). Taken by Otago Volts Players, Michael Rippon and Mark Craig.
Dunedin Cricket Coach Education Programmes
Our Dunedin Cricket Community Team has spent the winter developing a Coach Education Programme for the 2019-2020 Summer. The aim of this programme is to offer exciting opportunities to upskill coaches and cater to a range of abilities.
- Wednesday 25th September from 5:30-7pm at Brooklands Park.
- Tuesday 15th October from 5:30-7pm at Culling Park.
- Monday 18th November from 5:30-7pm at Bishopscourt.
- Thursday 13th February from 5:30-7pm at Bishopscourt.